Friday, June 18, 2010

Purple Heaven Temple

We usually train in the large open courtyard in the Purple Heaven Temple 4 picture. The temple is quite beautiful and the mountain at that back of the temple is incredibly beautiful. It also has a good "feel" if one believes in such things as the spiritual nature of mountains.

These pictures don't show the hordes of tourists that often descend on the temple. Saturdays and Sundays can be horrendous. I'll take my camera tomorrow to try to capture the "essence" of the temple on a weekend. Most of the tourists are okay. I'm sure that I've had my picture taken a thousand times. I don't mind that. I don't mind the stares. HOWEVER, some of the tourists, usually a group of kindred spirits, are totally thoughtless, clueless...and a lot of other things that I don't want to say in writing. They run right up beside us to have their pictures taken while we are doing a form or exercise. I have, on a number of occasions, turned to move in a certain direction only to find some dolt pretending to do a kungfu stance exactly where I want to step next. If it weren't for my Taoist spirit, I'd lash out and pummel the little buggers. Of course, I'd be recorded by a thousand cameras, and, I'm sure it would end up on the internet.

3 comments:

Delhi Dusk said...

Gorgeous photographs. They take my breath away...The Purple Cloud temple is so beautiful. The mountains...Shrine 2 is Kuan Yin holding the vase. Nice to "see" her!

Delhi Dusk said...

Purple Heaven, sorry... (not Cloud)

Delhi Dusk said...

Can visit just for look?