Monday, March 26, 2007

A new job?

I've been thinking of a new job recently - perhaps even a different field. I have to say that I was inspired by this headline: Harlequin books seeks "real men" for covers". I'm a real man. Ask my friends (and, as soon as they stop laughing, they'll tell you it's true).

The picture accompanying the ad was a little disheartening.








But, when I read the article, I thought that perhaps I could do this.

"We're looking for some guys that are not your usual models, but have that iconic look that women go for -- sexy, sensitive, beautiful and fit," said Harlequin spokeswoman Marleah Stout, who attended the open casting.

"We want real men ... exactly what you think in your mind when you're fantasizing or imagining that ideal man." [Every morning on the subway, I can tell that the women are fantasizing - I'm sure.]

...

"A lot of the models were too young, men in their twenties ... and our audience likes men a little bit older, a bit bigger, than the runway models." [Hey, that's me.]

CDN$250/hour is a lot more than I can make tutoring. I just need to cut out the cheese burgers and beer for a couple of weeks. I'm sure I can wittle my keg down to a six-pack.

"From what I understand, (Harlequin) readers are women who want to escape from the relationship that they're in," said auditioner Carlos Troccoli, 30, who was tall, sturdy and muscular. "I can bring that to them." [Ooh yaah! Where do I sign up?]

No comments: