Sunday, April 08, 2007

Starbucks and rice cakes

Two Starbucks outlets in Seoul will start selling Korean rice cakes soon. Since one of those two outlets is at the front gate of my university, I'll check it out and see how good they are. To be honest and fair, I've never been a real fan of rice cakes, so I may have to survey a few patrons as well.










My favorite place in Seoul is O'Sulloc, and Starbucks, in my humble opinion, has a long way to go before they catch up. O'Sulloc is a green tea version of Starbucks. In addition to green tea, O'Sulloc sells green tea latte and cappuccino. Their cakes and pastries are to die for. Everything they sell has at least a sprinkle of green tea on it. And, if you want something a little sweeter.

In looking at the O'Sulloc website, I just discovered that they have a Jongno outlet - across from the YMCA. I think I'll check it out today.












The only problem with O'Sulloc, and a small problem it is, is that the clientele are mostly young women. Usually, the only men in O'Sulloc have been dragged there by their well-being-minded girlfriends. I guess green tea still isn't seen as a manly drink yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The clientele are mostly young women? This is a problem because... it causes you to spend too much time there?