Friday, October 10, 2008

Umm Al Quwain Aero Club

I went out to the Barracuda this morning with a friend to pick up some libations. He's a flying enthusiast so we stopped at the Umm Al Quwain Aero Club, which is right beside the Barracuda. I have passed the plane dozens of times but I'd never gone inside. It's kind of cool. You can walk right inside it. Everything has been stripped out of it, but it's still kind of cool to walk into the cockpit.


While we were there, there was a real functioning airplane of a similar type preparing to leave from the airport. There must have been 100 men dressed in coveralls walking up the back ramp to go inside. I'm assuming that the men were being shuttled to some construction sight or oil facility in the UAE or possibly a neighboring country. It must be a tough way to go. I imagine that a lot of the guys lie or sit on the metal floor for the duration of the flight.

No comments: