Sunday, January 24, 2010

A night on the town

I had a night out on the town on Friday night. I went to the Mall of the Emirates and had a really great dinner at Salmontini. The restaurant has a relaxed, pleasant atmosphere and a view of the ski slope. My friend and I both had salmon on mixed shredded vegetables and wild rice. The salmon steak was huge, juicy, and very tender. The meal was perfectly cooked. Topped off with a nice glass of Italian Pinor Gris it was a great way to start the evening.

After dinner we went to a Sharq Orchestra concert (Essence of Arabia) at the Dubai Community Theatre. It was really wonderful - Mohamad Hamami leading a full western style orchestra playing Middle Eastern themed music. A friend was playing the saxophone and flute so that was an added bonus.

I haven't been getting out much for cultural events but now I see what I have been missing, so I'm going to keep an eye out for other interesting events. There's a lot going on in Dubai.

No comments: