Thursday, February 04, 2010

Evening walks

My Garmin 405 Forerunner has been a cool addition to my walks. It is inspirational to keep track. I go for my walks and then I just sit down by my computer and the data uploads automatically.

Tonight I hit 100.9 kilometers in my evening walks (about 6 kms X 18 - I added an extra turn around the roundabout when I realized the I was only doing 5.8kms door to door). I had a plan at the end of November to walk 100 kilometers every month. Well, this first hundred took me a little over two months. I'm not very good at math, but I should have been able to figure out that I would have to go out 17 times a month to do that. That's just about every second day!!! I may try to do that through February, but I might also just add another 15 minutes to my walks from time to time. However, if I don't go out that often, I may just change my goal.

Still...it has been quite enjoyable most of the time. Tonight I was listening to Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now. I think that will keep me company for a couple of weeks. I'll have to listen to it several times I think.

No comments: