Sunday, August 20, 2006

Yahoo Photos Beta

I tried to upload a lot of photos to Flickr (which is owned by Yahoo) because I like their sidebar link; however, I am limited to what I can upload free each month.

For years, I've used Yahoo Photo, which has unlimited storage space, but their interface wasn't so great. They've reformatted their site and have a beta version which I have upgraded to. It took about 5 days for everything to be changed over, but it seems to be done now. They don't yet have a cool blog sidebar like Flickr (although I might try to tweak the Flickr one to see if it will display the Yahoo photos). I'm assuming that they will be making changes and adding features to their beta version over the next few months.

At any rate, all of my Canadian photos plus a lot of others are at

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mbrown_ae/album/576460762304947181#page1

The My Photos link on my right sidebar also goes there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking at the photographs you took, Mark. I'm glad you've been having a good vacation there.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures of the bluebird, squirrels, loons, grouse, bighorn sheep. Now I've learned more. For me, a squirrel is a squirrel. Wouldn't have known a "Colombia ground squirrel" or a "Clark's Nutcracker."

(Incidentally, here, the Flickr site is blocked. Clicked on My Photos to see your collection. Same problem with the video. A message and then IE shuts down)

Enjoy your vacation.

The Wanderer said...

Hi D. Dusk
I'd like to claim extensive knowledge of Canadian wildlife, but that information came from my older brother. The coolest thing about all of those creatures is that they weren't in a zoo. I saw them as I drove around in parks and in the mountains.

I'll send you the video when I can.