Saturday, October 21, 2006

Sensible shoes

On my palace walk today, I saw several fairly large groups of tourists - mostly Japanese, I think. I'm sure that they were all given some information about the tour before they went on it. I probably sounded something like this:
We will be walking quite a lot for several hours on gravel paths, cobble stones, and up and down lots of stone stairs. Please wear sensible shoes.
Now, this woman is beautiful and those boots do look like Nancy Sinatra's boots that were made for walking, but, really....how comfortable could those be under the best of circumstances. I suspect that, under that rather fetching baseball cap, there is a vacuous space.











I always like a woman in flats, so this girl misses out. What was she thinking? This is a palace tour. Does she expect to meet Bae Yong Jun?
















You might ask what I was wearing - Rockports, of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Rockports! And, yes, beautiful pictures on the slide show.

Anonymous said...

This afternoon as I wandered around the Bulguska temple, I did see a number of pencil-heel boots. I watched women bravely clamber up steep steps--most hung onto men in flat shoes. But, still...