Sunday, September 28, 2008

Holiday tasks

Since I'm on holiday now, I have time to start scanning all of my old slides and film negatives. I want to get them into digital form since slide projectors have gone the way of the 8-track. I started taking pictures seriously in 1976 and I have a huge box of slide and negatives. I also plan, at some point, perhaps after I buy my iMac, to put the pictures into slide shows with music. I have some pictures that I took in Bali 20 years ago that I think will go well with a tape I have of gamalon music.

The whole process is quite slow and a bit tedious, so, while I'm waiting for each set of slides to scan, I've started reading books that I've had on my shelves for a few years and haven't opened. My first choice is Chang-Rae Lee's novel, Native Speaker. So far, I'm impressed.

3 comments:

Delhi Dusk said...

Nice slide show.

Anonymous said...

Wow. More pictures. Absolutely beautiful pictures and apt subtitles. What is an "ubud"? [You did look different 20 years ago :)]

The Wanderer said...

Ubud is a town up in the mountains - beautiful setting, great art, fantastic dancers.

[Ouch!]