Thursday, September 04, 2008

Movies I've watched recently

In the past week, I watched two movies that I saw years ago and have always remembered fondly:

The Sand Pebbles - I think it is one of Steve McQueen's best.

The Princess Bride - A great cast and a great story.

Both really are marvelous movies.

This afternoon I watched 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama. It was gentle and very moving. At the end, I was left with a tear in my eye. It seemed appropriate somehow to watch this film at this time. I know the Dalai Lama was just recently released from the hospital. He is quite elderly (73 years old). He seems a little frail. It is odd to think of the world without the Dalai Lama.


He could conceivably last another 30 years. I hope so. It would be nice if he could go home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched the movie 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama, but I have the CD. I'm glad he's out of hospital. He is frail. Yes it would be "odd to think of the world without the Dalai Lama."

Delhi Dusk

The Wanderer said...

The movie has a lot of interesting background information and old clips of the Dalai Lama as a child and young man. That was as interesting as his response to the questions.

Delhi Dusk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delhi Dusk said...

I'll try get the DVD. The movie sounds interesting.