Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hockey Night in Dubai











I went down to my favorite mall this morning for a good western-style breakfast at the Dome. When I walked into the mall at 8:30am, there was a hockey championship game going on complete with an announcer. I watched the game while I had breakfast, and I was surprised at how well the skaters played. I'm not sure about the age of the kids but I think they were middle school aged. The teams had well-dressed coaches and well-behaved parents.

Of the hundreds of malls in Dubai, the Dubai Mall is my favorite. There's always something going on. It's bright and airy. It has a bookstore that I could quite happily live in. The Caribou Coffee Shop is my favorite in Dubai, and the Noodle Factory makes the best noodles in town. It also has a beautiful aquarium.



No comments: