Thursday, March 25, 2010

Testosterone spill in Aisle 5

I was over at the Rotten Tomatoes website looking for a movie review when I felt a major shift in cosmic energy. Way down at the bottom was a reference to a movie in production that brings pretty much all of Hollywood's manly men together in what promises to be a major smack down.

Imagine Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture (of MMA fame), Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Steve Austin (of WWF fame) all in one film (OK, so this movie's been done before - who cares.). Woo hoo!!! I'm thinking a lot of punching, kicking, shooting, and blowin stuff up. (Okay, my nonviolent Taoist side is troubled, but I'm sure that there won't be any gratuitous violence. I'm sure that everyone who get smacked will deserve it.)

How do they even get all those manly men to work together in one place at one time? I'm going to be waiting with baited breath for this movie to hit the big screen at the end of August.

About the only notables missing are Jean-Claude Van Damme (who reportedly turned down the role because there was no substance to the character - and we all know that substance is a must for all his roles) and Steven Seagal (who reportedly doesn't get along with the producer. How could he let petty personal differences rob us of his acting?).

No comments: