Saturday, May 13, 2006

Barefoot Parks

158 Barefoot Parks in Seoul

I had never heard of this concept before, but it seems worth checking out. One can never have too many parks. And, since I didn't know that there was "a growing interest in foot health," I think I need to see what I'm missing. I certainly don't want to get left out.

Namsan Park is fairly close to where I live and, while I'm a little nervous, I think "tree bathing" sounds interesting. I hope to see someone doing this. If I do, I'll post some pictures. It sounds a little new age-y.

Of course, this article in the Joongang Ilbo gives me pause - Warmer weather increases threat of athlete's foot. Hopefully the barefoot parks won't lead to an epidemic of athlete's foot.

Perhaps the world's first tree bathers.




No comments: