Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Beer Butt Chicken

I was poking around in my computer and came across these pictures that were taken on my recent fantastic Canadian vacation. One of the reasons that it was such a great vacation was that I met a lot of friends and had a lot of barbecues. This one was called a Beer Butt Chicken barbecue. The idea is to take a half a can of beer, jam a chicken - butt first - on the can, and throw it on the barbecue. It is supposed to make the chicken very tender. I can attest to the fact that it worked. It was great. Of course, the pleasant company and the wonderful view over the town of Kamloops helped, but it was the chicken that really made the evening.

I'm thinking that I might be able to do it in my oven. Of course, it won't have that wonderful barbecue flavor, but it should still be make the chicken tender. I think the biggest problem will be getting the can of beer half full. I mean, really, what happens if you accidentally drink too much and the can is only 1/3 full? You'd have to drain that can and try again. It could take half a dozen tries before you get it right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of a Beer Butt Chicken. Oh..eh..nice picture of you, too :)

The Wanderer said...

Thanks. The chicken was twice as good as it looks. I'm only half as good as I look.