Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Blogshares












I came across this site by accident and I'm a little hurt - although I don't really know why.

The Fantasy Blog Stock Market

The value of my blog if I sold it is listed below (and I have to wonder why anyone would give me more than a nickel). I do notice that I'm "available to trade" whatever that means. Don't I have to agree to this first?

The Wanderer: $2,656.45
The Ders Blog: $3,377.39
The Partypooper: $3,703.18
Seoul Hero: $11,716.33
About Joel: $2,684.85
The Lost Nomad: $5,297.01

I think that everyone that I have links to is worth more than me. What's going on? Do I just have good taste and only link to worthy blogs or is my blog just kind of crappy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog (for what my opinion's worth). I don't understand blog shares, and how they're valued. And, really, who cares.

Ever since I embarked on the perilous course of writing, I've enjoyed approval when it came, but tried not to "need" it.

And then--how valid is "fame," books sales, good reviews, blog shares? Even the greats suffered from public disapproval.

Last night I saw a production of Madame Butterfly performed by the Rostov State Opera. I was moved almost to tears. But, almost a hundred years ago, Puccini was heartbroken the night of Madame Butterfly's first premiere. He thought he'd written his best work, but instead got jeers and catcalls. His contemporaries hated his masterpiece.

I didn't mean to write so much in response to your entry. But, strangely enough, I've been thinking a lot about writing. Why I even bother to write? Mostly, there's no money in it. There's the possibility of upsetting people one knows. There's the possibility of bad reviews (no reviews). But, I can't imagine not writing. So your entry struck a chord.

The Wanderer said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't really take the Fantasy Blog Stock Market seriously. I was just kidding.

p.s. I could give it to YOU for a special price (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

Joel said...

I'll do what I can to let you overtake me.

The Wanderer said...

That sounds like a load of pity. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

I agree with "Delhi Dusk" about writing, and I also think that you're doing a fine job.