Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another important scientific discovery

Yes, we really needed a team of scientists to tell us this:
Catching sight of a pretty woman really is enough to throw a man's decision-making skills into disarray, a study suggests.
Any teacher who has taught classes with boys (or men) and girls (or women) knows:
...that the sexual cues distract the men's thoughts, preventing them from focusing on their task - particularly among those with high natural testosterone levels.
I didn't know, though, that a man whose ring finger is longer than his index finger has more testosterone and is more likely to be distracted. Now I'm going to be going around looking at all of my colleagues' hands.

I'd really like to know how you could write up a proposal for funding for this kind of research. I think it must take a great creative writing ability.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so busted...