Saturday, April 29, 2006

For vegetarians

For the second of my food related blogs, any time that I'm in Insadong and want a light, meatless lunch, I head over to Chirisan (지리산). The directions to the restaurant are complex, but everyone in Insadong knows where it is - near the north end of Insadong start asking.

I usually order the Pyongyang Bean Curd Dregs (I can't remember if that's the exact English name on the menu) 평양콩비지 It's like tofu porridge.

They have a similar dish with kimchi mixed in if you think the regular one might be too bland. There is a fairly large menu, but I tend to order the things I know I'll like. I guess I'm not really very adventurous.

The restaurant has had major renovations at least twice in the last couple of years. It's quite pleasant now both inside and out. Floor seating only.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have fond memories of Chirisan (and Insadong). The tofu porridge was very good. Nice ambience. And, excellent company :)